Monday 27 February 2017

The Get, and others, at The Railway

The Get

The Faux

Last night to The Railway Hotel to see some old mates play. The Get, who I have known for something like 36 years, and who I once guested with on stage, were the first on upstairs at said hostelry. My only memory of that guest appearance was that I played harmonica - I cannot recall whether it was for just one song, or a few of them. or even what songs were played. I recall that it was at the Thorpedene Community Centre in Shoeburyness. It must have been either 1981 or 1982. I digress.


The Nightingales
There have been a couple of line-up changes over the years, but there are still three originals - Bruce Gordon on vocals, Gary Smith on guitar, and Jon Smith on drums.

There's was a short set, and did not quite have the bounce of earlier performances, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I am looking forward to their next gig.

Next up was The Faux, a Fall tribute act. Loved their version of Totally Wired.

The Nightingales headlined, who were new to me. They were interesting, and I will have to dig out some of their material.

I do not watch that much live music nowadays, but when I do I realise how much I miss it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

St Luke's Voice Winter 2018/19 edition