Sunday 23 April 2017

Ian Gilbert will not contest Rochford and Southend East this June

Cllr Ian Gilbert, Labour candidate for Rochford and Southend East in 2015, has decided not to contest the seat in 2017. Here is his statement:

Ian Gilbert with Kevin Robinson
Friends, after much thought, I have decided not to seek re-selection as the Labour candidate in Rochford & Southend East, or indeed seek to stand anywhere else. I have an important role in the Labour Party as Leader of our group on Southend Council, and that remains my prime focus.
In successive General Elections I have been campaigns-coordinator, Agent and Candidate in Rochford & Southend East and care deeply about building on the good work that we have done together.

I'm sure that we can continue that work with a new candidate, and I know some excellent people who are putting their names forward to be parliamentary candidates.

I am happy to assist candidates in Southend in an organisational role, and to support my friends and comrades elsewhere.

Best of luck to everyone fighting the good fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

St Luke's Voice Winter 2018/19 edition